Buying a home is probably the biggest investment you will make, with long-term financial ramifications. It calls for many informed decisions and for good advice from a real estate professional. The Schulhof Team is there to meet your needs and share their knowledge and skill ensuring the best experience and earning your trust for the future.
- We will start by helping you determine how much home you can actually afford. We will walk you through the process and provide reputable lender resources who can suggest additional ways to accrue the down payment, explain alternative financing methods, and secure a pre-approval.
- Providing client level services, we can work for you as a buyer’s agent and help negotiate the best price and terms for you. Or, we can serve as a seller’s sub-agent (or disclosed dual agent), acting as a liaison between you and the seller to present offers and counteroffers until an agreement is reached.
- We will help you work out a realistic idea of the home best suited to your needs – size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, and other personal preferences.
- We have access to the BLC and can provide information on all available homes that meet your criteria, as soon as they hit the market.
- We can often suggest simple, imaginative changes that could make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- We can point you in the right direction to gain additional information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services, and facilities, and may be aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- Although the law does not normally require an attorney to review documents or oversee real estate closings, they can provide you with a list of law practitioners to choose from if you would like to use the services of an attorney.
- We can help familiarize you with the closing process and obtain closing figures in advance of closing for your review.
- Our team can provide you with a list of qualified home inspectors, pest inspectors, surveyors, and help to coordinate inspection appointments to help ensure a smooth process.